Business sizes vary but VoIP can be a one-size-fits-all phone solution.
So, what is the best phone system for a small business?
As a small business, you need to have a cost-effective and reliable phone system. A solution that ensures business continuity and ease of use. VoIP for SME is the perfect phone system option.
In this blog, we will go over small business VoIP system benefits including:
- What is VoIP?
- How does VoIP work for a small business?
- Traditional vs, VoIP Phone Systems
- Why Are Small Businesses Adopting VoIP Phone Systems?
- How to Determine if it is a Good Fit?
- Blueface for Small Business Benefits
What is VoIP?
VoIP (or voice over internet protocol) was created in the 1990s. VoIP technology allows calls to happen through an internet connection. No physical phone lines are needed. Since its early days, VoIP has become a must-have for most business communications.
As a digital telephone, there are a few differences from traditional phone lines. Traditional phones need copper lines to work. VoIP works through broadband technology, taking a caller’s voice packets, and sending them through the internet. In simple terms, once you have an internet connection, you can make VoIP calls.
How Does VoIP Work for Small Businesses?
As it works through an internet connection, VoIP is very flexible and cost-effective! Flexibility is key for businesses of every size. Especially for small businesses.
Businesses can enjoy more features with VoIP, helping small businesses appear bigger. Without the big business price.
There will be a 90% reduction in start-up costs for small businesses that use VoIP –Startupanz.com
Traditional Phone System vs. VoIP Phone Systems
So how do traditional phone lines compare?
Modern VoIP solutions go a step further. Analogue phones provide basic phone calls and receiving services. Many old phone systems need add-ons for mute, transfer and speed dial.
VoIP offers more advanced phone features. Likewise, a full unified communications suite offers even more. Moreover, VoIP can be delivered through various options:
- Corded and Cordless IP Business Desk Phones: Choose from a range of plug-and-play business phones, headsets and accessories.
- Softphone Mobile Apps (iOS & Android): Add your business phone to your cell with on-net calling, recording, transfer, etc.
- Centralised Device Management: Easily manage and customise devices and lines from anywhere with the Blueface Portal.
Why Are Small Businesses Adopting VoIP Phone Systems?
Small businesses, from offices to butchers, bakers and candlestick makers are switching to VoIP. There are a wealth of great reasons as to why.
74% of small business employees are using mobile VoIP apps to make their business calls.– Fit Small Business
The adoption of VoIP phone systems has been growing steadily. However, the last few years have seen this adoption surge.
The global market for VoIP services is also estimated to reach $194.5 billion in revenue by the end of 2024. -Persistence Market Research
Voice over internet protocol provides SME boosting features:
- No location limits Softphone App
- Easily deployed Desktop Apps
- Cost-Effective Local Numbering
- Intelligent Call Routing
- Plug and Play Desk Phones
VoIP Phone Systems for Small Businesses: How to Determine if it’s a Good Fit?
Understanding VoIP is just the start. Small businesses and startups need the right technology to grow and drive revenue. A VoIP phone system can offer the backing that’s needed through many different options.
Here are some of the reasons a small business should choose a VoIP phone system:
You Wish to Grow Your Business
When considering a phone system for your business, considering the future is essential. As an SME grows, so do their communication needs. VoIP is the most scalable technology out there.
You can start your business off with just one or ten employees. But what happens when you add 25 more employees? They’ll need new phones. Old phone systems may need expensive expansions.
VoIP solutions allow you to add users and numbers and manage your account remotely with an online portal. There is no need for a new PBX, cables, or call-out maintenance with VoIP.
So, whether you are adding seasonal staff or contractors, or even offboarding temporary staff. A VoIP phone system provides a simple process for this.
Plan for success. Grow your business with ease.
You Want to Save Costs on Installation and Maintenance
Kitting out a new office used to take a lot of time and extra cost. Hardware, installation and costly calls had to be factored in.
A small business or startup needs to focus on cost savings. Therefore, VoIP can assist companies to do just that.
There will be a 90% reduction in startup costs for small businesses that use VoIP. – Startup
Installation and Set-Up:
With VoIP telephony, your team needs little to no hardware depending on their working mode.
Unified Communication features like the Softphone and Desktop App remove the need for clutter. Your teams can use their business landline on mobile phones or laptops. So, whether they’re in-office or remote – they’re always connected.
Moving numbers from one office to another also used to be tricky. VoIP does not need lines (or line rental), so moving numbers is simple.
Maintenance and Costs:
With soon to be obsolete PSTN lines, PBX maintenance and parts are hard to source and costly. Hosted VoIP is maintained by your provider and there is no line rental or on-site maintenance fees.
The set-up fee for a landline usually is $100. Then add the monthly fee, which can go as high as $100 per line, and the expenses pile up. – Flash Mob Computing
Small businesses that switch to Blueface VoIP systems can save an average of 40% on their monthly bills (with unlimited calling to Irish landlines). Blueface also has plans with unlimited calls to Irish mobiles.
Businesses can even roll out communications apps with zero hardware costs.
Additionally, VoIP services have minimal call charges and international dialling plans. This provides small businesses with a cost-effective global reach.
Your Business has a Hybrid Working Model
How and where we work has been turned on its head. Employees now expect to work from home for a set number of days.
92% of those polled in one survey expect to work from home at least once a week, and 80% expect to work from home at least three times a week. – Intuition
However, there are a few things to consider for hybrid working success. One of the most vital parts is team communication, whether they work at home or in the office.
A VoIP phone system allows your staff to work from anywhere. It ensures no interruptions to customer care or sales. Here are just some of the features that will boost your small business hybrid working model.
- Video Conferencing: Video calls are undoubtedly the most popular form of internal communication. A staggering 99% said it helped with communication and connectivity.
- Screen Share: An added boost to your small business team video calls. Screen share allows hybrid teams to collaborate visually and easily through screen share.
- Cloud Console: Hybrid working teams need complete visibility over their company communications. The UC Console allows for remote call management, real-time updates and call monitoring.
- Desktop and Softphone Apps: We have the answer if you want to mobilise your small team at a low cost. Desktop and Softphone apps allow for BYOD implementation and lower hardware costs.
You Want to Integrate Phones With Other Software
As small businesses continue to scale, they will add many software pieces to help their teams communicate. You may already have VoIP, or perhaps you are looking into it as another business application.
The excellent news is VoIP comes with a ton of integration options. So, why is integrating so crucial for your small team’s productivity?
Context-switching while hopping back and forth between digital tools hampers productivity for 45% of workers. – CIO DIVE
For instance, let’s take a small sales team. John spends his days switching from his phone system to another video conferencing system and then a separate CRM for customer data. This will inevitably drain John’s time and his productivity.
Without phone system integration options, productivity will dip.
Save your team’s time and bring all your communications under one central platform. Video, voice, instant messaging and data all in one.
VoIP can be integrated with other popular communication systems, as well as some CRMs. Additionally, VoIP systems also integrate with software apps you already use, such as Microsoft Teams.
Additional Telephony Features are Important to Your Business
A small team requires all hands on deck. This means getting your phone system working as efficiently as possible. Small teams need modern and innovative phone features to compete with larger organisations.
This means catching every cash call, being as efficient as possible and providing a seamless journey for customers and clients. Here are just some of our top small business phone features:
- IVR: IVR means Interactive Voice Recognition or an Auto Attendant. This feature helps your small team automate some callers’ needs. IVR routes the caller to the correct department. Likewise, answering their queries through a self-service option. This all happens without speaking with a live agent – freeing up employees’ time.
- Custom Music on Hold: Ideally, businesses would like to answer every call. However, this isn’t always the case. Music on hold is the solution to customer satisfaction rates. So, if customers have to be on hold, why not use this time to play some recorded business messages. Or fill the silence with on-hold music. If you don’t, a massive 85% of your customers will hang up!
- Virtual Numbering: The beauty of VoIP phones is that you are not bound to any geographical area. For example, you may only have one office location, but your customers are in other countries. With virtual numbering options, your business can appear more prominent and help with customer trust and answer rate. Furthermore, toll free numbers offer a free service for callers.
Blueface: VoIP Phone System for Small Businesses
Businesses are turning to VoIP in droves. VoIP for SME delivers low-cost calls, scalability, and a hybrid working solution for small companies. Choosing the best hosted VoIP phone system for small businesses can impact your team’s productivity, business efficiency and help you stay competitive.
Blueface provides a reliable small business VoIP phone system. Plans start with a little as one user per month and can be easily scaled as needed. Whether you are a startup business or an established team, we make moving to VoIP easy and affordable.
Blueface is an all-in-one unified communication solution. A VoIP service that offers 60+ advanced features. Starting with high definition calls, reliable video meetings, call recording, intelligent call routing and more. Start small and add your phone system features as needed.
Every business needs a reliable phone system.
Small businesses need an affordable, scalable and mobile phone system.
The ability to connect your organisation with customers and clients is a must-have. A VoIP solution from Blueface will give small businesses the foundation for business success.
Check out why small businesses chose Blueface as their communication provider. Get endless features, always-on support and simple onboarding!
Talk to our team and get a demo of our VoIP solution for your small business.