Blueface Records 17.5% Financial Growth in 2013
By Brian Martin on January 17, 2014 in Business
17th January 2014: Blueface, Ireland’s leading VoIP phone provider, recorded 2013 as its most successful year in business to date with an impressive 13% growth in the volume of calls made from Blueface landlines and mobiles compared to 2012.
With eight out of ten customers saving at least 40% on their phone bills after moving to Blueface, the low costs has helped Blueface grow its SME and corporate customer base. Alan Foy, CEO of Blueface, said
“Blueface has had another great year with continued growth in 2013. The three main drivers of this have been increased broadband connectivity, greater acceptance of cloud services among businesses and the demand to reduce telephony costs.”
The company won a number of notable customers with its innovative ‘Hosted PBX’ offering. Well-known brands joining Blueface during 2013 included utilities contractor Sierra; managed service company Qualcom; travel agency USIT Dublin, government agency LGMA; IBAT College; and several key wins in the financial services sector where an emphasis on reliability and high performance continues to attract clients looking for advanced communications features with low capital investment.
To meet growing demand, Blueface has furthered its commitment to research and development and is working closely with partners Panasonic, DELL, Telecity and Enterprise Ireland to deploy a best in class, and innovative service.
“In 2014 Blueface is aiming to strengthen its position as the most advanced offering in hosted voice services and increase our market share for our integrated mobile offering. Future customers will most likely be businesses that are still paying high fixed telephony costs such as line rental, phone system charges, recurring costs etc and business owners who want to move to a more flexible, low cost hosted phone system that works for their business instead of legacy, redundant and expensive on-site equipment,” said Alan Foy, CEO, Blueface.
Operational highlights for this dynamic company in 2013 included:
- 30% growth in the company’s workforce, strengthening of the management team with the creation of sales, customer service, finance, technical and engineering jobs at its headquarters in the IFSC, Dublin. Further jobs will be announced in 2014.
- Blueface partnered with SumUp to launch the innovative mobile payment solution. Businesses and traders can attach a small, easy to use device to their smartphone, which reads credit cards and takes immediate payment.
- The launch of ‘Blueface Italia’ to serve corporate and business customers throughout Rome and Milan.
- The launch of the Managed Solutions Division dedicated to serving larger corporate customers and call centres that require a fully managed unified communications service.
- A significant research and development initiative supported by Enterprise Ireland which saw enhancement of Blueface’s core network resiliency and service capabilities. Continued development of Blueface’s relationship with global electronics giant Panasonic, including an exciting distribution arrangement for the cutting edge Panasonic UT 670 in Ireland.
- Launch of an intuitive customer portal for self-service account management.
- Selected as one of Ireland’s fastest growing companies in the Deloitte Fast 50 for the third consecutive year.
- Corporate Responsibility activities included a key sponsorship role in the Blueface Keddington 100km Cycle for the Light of Maasai charity in Kenya, and on-going work with not-for-profit organisations such as Social Entrepreneurs Ireland, FoodCloud and ‘Women for Election.’ Blueface also became a sponsorship partner of the Ireland Funds in Ireland in support of philanthropy in Irish society.
Blueface will be launching their ICT Industry Research Report on February 13th, 2014.
Sign up to the Blueface Newsletter!
Stay up to date on Unified Communications, VoIP and collaboration technologies by signing up to the Blueface Newsletter!