The SIP-based Blueface Softphone Application is the perfect complement to the Blueface Portal account. The Blueface App allows users to make and receive calls from their iOS or Android device using their Blueface account. The Blueface App includes the following features:
- Call Recording
- Call History
- Call Transfer
- Call Holding
- Integrated Voicemail
- Multiple Call Support
- Muting and Speakerphone
When a user sets up their account with Blueface they will be provided with the necessary SIP credentials to link the Softphone application to their Blueface account.
Providers: Service providers can add a Softphone to an account by clicking the [Phone] icon followed by devices. From here, [Add New Device +] to add a Softphone and follow the guide.
How to Download the Softphone App
Operating System Compatibility
The Blueface Softphone is compatible with the majority of iOS and Android devices.
Note: Ask your Blueface Agent about Softphone compatibility if you are unsure.
Adding the Softphone to the Blueface Portal
Once a user is setup on the Blueface Portal, you can contact Blueface Support to add a Softphone to the user account. Once complete, Blueface Support will contact you with the login credentials that the user should use to login to his or her Softphone.
Please Note: Softphone credentials are not the same as your Blueface Portal credentials.
Find your Softphone on the Blueface Portal by clicking the [Phone] icon on the left navigation bar followed by the [Device] button. This will show a list of devices on your Blueface account. Your added softphone will now be listed as an additional device.
Click the [Edit] button – denoted by a pencil icon – in the bottom right corner of a device tile to reveal the Device Details tab.
On the right side of this tab, you will find your Softphone Username and Password which can be used to log in to the Blueface Portal.
Logging into the Softphone Application
Enter the username and password on your Softphone App using the information provided in the Device Details tab on the Blueface Portal.
Users will be asked to select their accessibility preferences at the login screen.
- Toggle Keep Password on to save your password and username.
- Toggle Auto-Login on to log in automatically when the Softphone App is started.
- Toggle Touch ID on to activate fingerprint access on supported devices.
Phone Tab, Dial Pad
To dial to an internal or external number, access your Softphone App’s dial pad by choosing [Phone] on the bottom left of your screen. Access Voicemail by selecting [VM] or dialling 171.
UC Softphone Contacts
The Blueface Softphone App will automatically sync contacts with your iOS or Android phone book. Callers linked to your Blueface account will display as Softphone contacts. Here, you can access any of the contacts within your iOS or Android device.
Add new contacts by clicking the [+] button in the top right corner and a user will be prompted to enter in contact details on the New Contact page. You can also add new contacts through the Call History tab.
Select the Favourites tab, followed by the [+] to make a contact a quick access favourite.
On Call Features
Once users are on a call, Blueface Softphone Users have the option to:
There is also a Call Quality Indicator in the top-right corner of your screen while on a call.
This Call History allows you to review all calls on this Softphone App account and can be filtered by all call activity (inbound, outbound, missed) or just missed calls. Selecting the number on the call list will allow return a call to that contact number instantly.
More information – including a summary of the call history of specific contact / number – can be found by selecting the [ i ] button to the right of the contact number.
Softphone App Call History can be cleared by selecting the trash can icon on the top right corner of your Softphone App screen followed by Clear All Entries.
Selecting the Settings tab will reveal the following options:
- Preferences: Customise your Softphone Application – see below for more information.
- Advanced Settings: Choose to show SIP Miscellaneous, Application Logging, and Call Stats. Users can also Reset the Softphone App to its default settings.
- Verbose Logging: This is turned off by default. We recommend leaving verbose logging turned off, unless our Support team instructs you to turn it on.
- Call Statistics: Show details of the last call made (if you are not currently on a call), or of the current call (if you are on a call at the same time you are viewing this area).
- Reset to Defaults: this allows you to resent the application to its default state (as if you had just downloaded it from the app store for the first time).
- Apply Changes: This option will be available of pending changes are available, but have not yet been applied to the app. If no pending changes are available, this option will not be clickable.
- About: Information on the version, copyright credits and build date.
Note: In order to apply certain changes, an application restart is required.